San Sebastian, Spain 2017
San Sebastian in September sweeps us off our feet – the beauty of the city, the wonderful Basque cuisine, the spectacular beach and long boulevards and mild evening strolls, the glittery and exciting film festival venues, a day trip to nearby Bilbao to visit the Guggenheim Museum there, a brand new hotel. So this year we plan to treat ourselves to an eight night stay.
Layer on the 65th international film festival – a cross between The Cannes Film Festival and Venice in its ability to attract exciting new international films and glamorous stars set in a fabulous resort town – with Harlan and Susan Jacobson as your hosts and guides!
Getting There – the most direct way will be Delta or Iberia out of New York to Madrid with a quick connection on Iberia from Madrid to San Sebastian. We will ask you to meet us at Zenit Hotel -- the taxi ride from the airport to the hotel is about 30 minutes and costs approximately 40 euros.
Sightseeing … We will arrange a half day walking tour of the old City, along with a day trip nearby to Bilbao to see the Guggenheim Museum and for a traditional Basque lunch.
Festival Accreditation … We will arrange for accreditations for each of us.
Hotel Zenit … A new hotel, 20 minute walk to the principal screening venues, a 6 euro taxi ride each way. Taxis are plentiful and easy to get – from taxi stands and by hotels. There is also a bus for 2 euros each way from the hotel to the Old City.
Per person single occupancy:$4,800
Per person double occupancy: $4,000
Registration fees include:
- 7 nights' accommodations at The Hotel Zenit
- Red Carpet Opening Night Gala Admission
- Daily breakfast buffet at Morlans Restaurant in Hotel Zenit
- Festival briefings with your travel hosts
- Film Festival Accreditation
- A half day walking tour of San Sebastian with an architectural historian
- A day trip to nearby Bilbao to see the Guggenheim Museum
- An introduction to Basque Cuisine with culinary expert Eskerne Falcon
- Some lunches and dinners
Registration fees do not include:
- Air transportation to and from the US airport from which you are departing and returning, or hotel accommodations should your trip require an overnight stay
- Some meals are not included
- Taxis and public transportation around San Sebastian
- Lunch at Akelara - 3 star Michelin restaurant
- Travel / Trip Cancellation insurance